Assigning a Project name to all associated elements of the FAE website provides the glue that holds them together. Each user can create and name as many Projects as they want, and each Project can be assigned to any Saved Search, available artwork, Room, or View. All the specific elements that have been assigned to a Project can be seen grouped together in Projects.
You can create a new Project in Projects, or, anywhere this folder icon appears, you can either create a new Project and/or assign it to a saved search, artwork, room or view.
After a Project is selected, its Detail Page appears. This page displays all the artworks, Rooms, Views and Saved Searches assigned to this Project so that they can all be seen together in one place.
In all categories a user can assign or unassign artworks, Rooms, Views or Saved Searches and can easily:
- Select an artwork and jump to its Artwork Detail page from the ArtTracker section.
- Create a new View by selecting a work from ArtTracker and a Room from My Rooms and clicking on "New" in My Views.
- Select and edit a View that was originally created in My Views.
- Select and run a Saved search. (Save Searches can only be deleted in My Account/Saved Searches. They may, however, be edited in Guided Search.)
- Create time and date stamped notes about the Project. (The notes created here cannot be deleted or edited after they are saved.)
Projects can be deleted from the Project page. Deleting a Project removes that Project's links to any Saved Search, artwork, Room, or View that was assigned to that Project. It does not remove the artworks, Rooms, Views, or Saved Searches themselves. To remove any extraneous artworks, Rooms, or Views:
- For artworks in ArtTracker, go to "Show Only Art For:" and select, "Project." Then click the "Named" dropdown and select "Unassigned." Delete what is not wanted.
- To delete unwanted Rooms or Views, click on "Show Only…" for each and select "Unassigned." Delete what is not wanted.
To remove a Saved Search that is no longer needed, either edit it to fit another Project or go to My Account/Saved Searches and delete it there.